cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problem

D_sahan
Neighbour

I am experiencing a problem in my phone (iPhone 14 pro). It is disconnecting my data calls(Especially WhatsApp, messenger) when i am calling using mobile data. It showing as reconnecting every 5 seconds and loosing signal strengths suddenly even i am in a fully covered area (downtown Kamloops). I tried restarting, changing voice and data to LTE and 5G time to time. I called customer care twice and visited TELUS showroom in Kamloops Downtown, I was told to switch the mode to LTE and not 5G. No point of using LTE when I am paying for 5G connection. And since I need to call my family using WhatsApp most of the time, I want a proper solution for this. I am on a contract for 2 years, What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @D_sahan - Try using LTE. I understand you are paying for 5G, but it is a troubleshooting step to try to reduce as many variables as possible.

You could try swapping your SIM to a new one as well

I have been using LTE for the last two weeks. But there is no improvement. I am really fed up with this. What else can we do? I took out my sim card today, cleaned it and inserted it again. But no progress. 

I would visit a TELUS store near you and advise them of the problem to see if they can replace the SIM card for you

Hello,

I have been using LTE for the last two weeks. But there is no improvement. I am really fed up with this. What else can we do?

Thanks & Regards,
Sahan Mudannayaka

Here are a few steps to try and resolve this issue:

Network Settings Reset:

• Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network-related settings to their defaults but will not delete your data.

Check for Carrier Settings Update:

• Sometimes, a carrier settings update can fix connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you should see a prompt to update.

Software Update:

• Ensure your iPhone has the latest iOS update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Disable Wi-Fi Assist:

• Sometimes, Wi-Fi Assist can cause issues. Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll to the bottom to disable Wi-Fi Assist.

Check App Permissions:

• Make sure WhatsApp and Messenger have the necessary permissions. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and Camera to check that these apps have access.

Network Coverage:

• Ensure that there are no ongoing network issues in the Kamloops area. Sometimes, localized network issues can cause disruptions. telus.com/outages

5G vs. LTE:

• While it’s frustrating to be advised to switch to LTE, this can sometimes be a temporary workaround while the network issues are being addressed.

Contact Tech Support

• If the issue persists, contact our Tech support team so they can look into the issue. 

D_sahan
Neighbour

Okay, I will do it today and check if that helps.