cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this phone# +1 (866) 558-2273 legit?

SudeepManandhar
Just Moved In

I got a call from +1 (866) 558-2273, Telus Business Mobility Support, the caller said? Is this legit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@SudeepManandhar Just like @WestCoasterBC mentionned the 1-866-558-2273 is the legit number to the mobility care team, however, the + sign before it can lead it to be spoofed number.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

More then likely a spoofed caller id with the " + " before the actual number.

xray
Hero

Any unexpected call from a company claiming to have an issue with your account means they should have access to your account information if it's legitimate. This means they should be able to give other information like your billing address or account number. Ask them for that (do not provide it yourself). If they can't provide the additional info then it's a scam so just hang up.

Alpha
Neighbour

@SudeepManandhar  I searched the TELUS data-base for the number you provided. The first result was an article on scamming and phishing. I would say with 99% certainty that your caller is a scammer. Thank you for remaining vigilant, and remember that TELUS will never ask you for details that you have already provided to us, we will only ask you to verify who you are. 😀

Alpha
Neighbour

@SudeepManandhar  I searched the TELUS data-base for the number you provided. The first result was an article on scamming and phishing. I would say with 99% certainty that your caller is a scammer. Thank you for remaining vigilant, and remember that TELUS will never ask you for details that you have already provided to us, we will only ask you to verify who you are. 

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@SudeepManandhar Just like @WestCoasterBC mentionned the 1-866-558-2273 is the legit number to the mobility care team, however, the + sign before it can lead it to be spoofed number.  Hope this helps.