cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International talk and text on prepaid?

monttoro
Friendly Neighbour

Hello everyone,

for a backup phone I need a simple (rarely used) international voice and text solution.

I got prepaid talk & text 100 because I was told in the shop that it also works internationally.

I'm outside the country right now and all I see is "Telus not available". I can't send or receive text messages.

They told me talk & text works internationally, and the website clearly says texting works internationally too.

Is this not correct? If not, what are my options for a cheap backup solution? I don't mind paying on a by text base, but not having any solution is no good.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @monttoro - Our Prepaid plans do not work internationally. In our page Here we say that "Canadian and international messaging" but what it means is that you can send and receive messages from abroad while in Canada.

For your usage we don't have something that will help in your use-case unfortunately.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I’m not aware of any prepaid plan that offers international coverage. Some offer US roaming, and rarely Mexico roaming, I have seen none beyond those countries.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

monttoro
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks everyone. That's a bummer. If I read you right, there is no way to get international voice and text on prepaid? What a waste of money then not to mention that I'll be stranded for a couple more weeks.