How does long distance data work?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

andrew7783
Connector

I understand that there are additional charges and plans for data usage outside of Canada, but does it cost extra to use data (or text, for that matter) if I travel from Toronto to Vancouver? 

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Short answer, no.

Telus has never charged 'roaming' for data or text messages in Canada. It is only when you travel outside of Canada that you need worry. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Typically within Canada current plans don't charge roaming within Canada. Older ones might but that could be fixed by calling in.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

in my travels... BC and Ontario has no roaming (long distance) charges on data. There is roaming for voice calls without a package.

Most Helpful
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Short answer, no.

Telus has never charged 'roaming' for data or text messages in Canada. It is only when you travel outside of Canada that you need worry. 

iPhone power user

View solution in original post