cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged before SIM card arrive

GF1
Just Moved In

I am a brand new customer and before I signed up for Telus Mobility, I was told by the agent that the billing would start after I received the SIM card in the mail, ported in my old number, and activated it. However, I just found out from  support CHAT with another agent that I would have to start paying the moment the SIM card was shipped. It makes no sense to me why I was charged before I had the card physically in my hand when there is no possibility for me to even transfer my phone number and use the service. This TELUS practice is very shocking to me and I think it is totally unfair for us as customer.

3 REPLIES 3

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. Generally speaking, our support agents can tell when the newly inserted SIM pings the network for the first time. Once you have your new SIM in hand, feel free to send a private message to me and I'll steer you in the right direction 🙂

GF1
Just Moved In

Thanks for your reply. I received the SIM card in the mail on August 31 and contacted the agent to activate my new SIM and to port in my phone number from another provider on Sept 1 and she helped me to do that. A few days later I checked my Mytelus account and found that there was a partial charge on my account from Aug 27 To Aug 31. I contacted Telus Chat again and the agent explained to me that the charge started on the date it was mail from telus. I am surprised as I did not even have the SIM card in my hand and I was charged. 

VTECMAN
Friendly Neighbour
EPP is the same way. And they mail the sim through regular mail without any tracking. Not sure why they’re not capitalizing on esims where possible.