cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't phone or text despite having a $13 plan.

ADR3000
Neighbour
I had to get a Data plan for a single month due to my home internet being out of commission for a few days. That plan ended yesterday but now I can't make or receive calls (even local calls) or texts because it's claiming I do not have a plan despite currently having a $13 plan. This happened before and the agent used $13 from my balance to just restart my $13 plan despite having a week left on my $13 plan which I already have.
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is this a prepaid account? If so, when you changed your plan to add the data, you reset the 30 day window. I expect all you need do is choose a fresh plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yes, it is prepaid. The talk text data 45 was only needed for a month but I was still keeping my $13 plan. That shouldn't be an excuse to disable my phone when I still have an existing plan.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

When you make a plan change, *IT* becomes your existing plan.

To return to your former plan, you need to select it again.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

jsamin
Just Moved In

The $13 plan is basically useless. All you can do with it is make local phone calls, or use Messenger (NOT text) if you can hook up to a wifi. I live in BC, but was recently in Toronto airport and got separated from my wife. I tried to call her on my older iPhone which I carry only for emergency purposes. It wouldn't allow the call. I have paid Telus around $500 over the last 4 years to basically carry a brick around in my pocket. They have designed the plan to force you to pay them more money for a 'better' plan which actually allows you to use your phone.