cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to Apple Watch immediately bounce to Voice Mail

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

So we have two Apple Watch cellular users in our household..  just discovered that when either user is away from their iPhone (or their iPhone is turned off) and is relying on their Apple Watch to receive voice calls, they are out of luck.  All calls immediately go to voice mail.  I have been on the phone with Telus tech support for the past two days; spending hours conducting troubleshooting with no success.  Telus now charges $60 to activate an eSIM on Apple Watch and $15 a month for cellular service that doesn't work as advertised.  Not happy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour
I am now being told this is a known issue for 8 months(!). No ETA for fix. The Call Control feature is the root cause. Sad that Telus telephone tech support staff don’t seem to be aware of this long outstanding problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The watch needs a mobile connection to work without the phone and for that it needs a mobile plan. Otherwise, it'd work with Bluetooth at no extra cost but again, the phone would need to be in range.

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

Both cellular watches do have a Telus smartwatch plan... OneNumber Unlimited Access - SmartWatch

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gotcha. If you have a working SIM card connection and working number but it's not working for you, you'd need to speak with our Mobility Support team. They're available at 1-866-558-2273; alternatively you can visit the nearest TELUS store as well.

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

Well... I opened a ticket with Mobility Support on May 5 and this has still not been resolved..  despite following up twice this past Wednesday and again yesterday.   Any other suggestions?

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour
I am now being told this is a known issue for 8 months(!). No ETA for fix. The Call Control feature is the root cause. Sad that Telus telephone tech support staff don’t seem to be aware of this long outstanding problem.