cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Alternatives to Easy Roam for US Travel?

GeorgeP
Just Moved In

Easy Roam is OK for a brief visit accross the border, but the fee ($12 per day, that has increased 50% very quickly) is way too much for a longer trip (potentially up to $360 + tax for 30 days!) 

Have the alternatives disappeared.  Recently I went to the US with an unlimited 30 day Telus plan at under $100. Searching on the Telus site they seem to have no alternatives now. I tried to phone them and gave up after a 1 hour wait.

I suppose there will be no response from Telus here since they don't seem to monitor the forum and and if there are any answers from members I don't see any.

4 REPLIES 4

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Good day @GeorgeP, to avoid long wait times in the future, you can change your plan when you login to your account.  Also when using easy roam, there is a cap and cannot be charged over a certain amount.  You can see the link here for more details.  https://bit.ly/3EAHvNJ

Thank’s for responding, I am well aware that I can arrange EasyRoam on line, but no one wants this plan for a long stay in the the US. Telus always had alternatives to EasyRoam for longer trips, I can’t believe that this is all they have. The “cap” does not help, the price is still much more than 100% more than the previous 30 day plans.

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @GeorgeP  did you think of changing your plan to a U.S roaming plan?  This could be an option for the time being.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Often it is simpler for long stays (eg. Snowbirds) to get a US plan, and change your VM to direct callers to your US number. Since incoming SMS are free, you can reply from your local number, explaining to those you respond to the situation.

If you are a frequent traveller across the border, a Canada - US plan may make sense.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"