cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation suspension

goat
Just Moved In
I'm heading for Mexico and Panama for the next few months. Telus wants $30 per month to hold my number. I thought about changing my plan to the cheapest one available but it's still $30. Thinking of porting my number to a VOIP, or just canceling my service and restarting with a new number when I get back to Canada. $30 per month seems excessive for absolutely 0 service. Any other options I should look at?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could port your number to a prepaid service for about the same price as a VoIP provider, and it would be simpler to retrieve it to a new service on your return.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could port your number to a prepaid service for about the same price as a VoIP provider, and it would be simpler to retrieve it to a new service on your return.

NFtoBC

goat
Just Moved In
Which prepaid service do you recommend?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I’d look at the cheapest. Pick up a Public Mobile SIM at Walmart, and you can do the rest online before you go.

NFtoBC

rc
Rockstar

If you opted for a voip provider, you could set it up such that your local number is forwarded to your Panama number. 

Port to  voip providers can take a while, up to a week, while porting out the number could take longer and incur a fee. .