cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

Finnley
Neighbour
Connected my phone to a new iWatch and now my phone will not receive or make phone calls
3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Finnley - Did you connect it through your TELUS account, or simply connected an Apple Watch to your phone via the Watch app on your phone?

Just on my watch
Kathryn Virginia Coleman, PhD
(Removed mobile number on public post)

If connecting your new iWatch has caused issues with your phone's ability to receive or make phone calls, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Restart Both Devices: Begin by restarting both your phone and the new iWatch. This simple step can often resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Bluetooth Connection: Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices and that they are properly paired. Sometimes, re-pairing the devices can solve connectivity issues.
  • Check Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb: Make sure that Airplane Mode is turned off and that Do Not Disturb mode is not active on your phone. These settings can sometimes interfere with phone calls.
  • Update Software: Ensure that both your phone and the iWatch have the latest software updates installed. Software updates often include bug fixes that can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Reset Network Settings: On your phone, you can reset network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your phone not receiving or making phone calls after connecting your new iWatch. Let us know if it works!