cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to Transfer my old sim to a new tablet?

Lashand
Neighbour

I just ordered a Galaxy Tab A7 Lite last week. I ordered it for my boyfriend, who is camp and will be mainly using it in WiFi only,  as there will be no cell service where he is. Will it effect my bill if I don't activate the SIM card for the tablet, or what will happen if I do not use the SIM card. I am very confused and do not have time to wait to talk to a representative, as the wait time on hold would have been 1 hour. Help please!!! 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your boyfriend is in camp and has no need for cellular, then don't put a SIM in it. You won't be charged for any celluar data as long as there is no SIM. The tablet will function like any old wifi tablet instead. If you purchased the tablet through Telus and did NOT purchase a cell plan for it, then all you'd be paying for is just the tablet itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Awesome, maybe I was just getting flustered after receiving an email regarding the phone transfer then another email from Telus about my bill and seeing it was roughly $25.00 more this month. Just needed to get some clarification and to slow down a notch or two haha! Thanks for the prompt reply! 

Hey,
I am trying to get it all set up for my boyfriend, and I cannot get past the Welcome screen without having to insert sim card to complete set up wizard. Help!!!!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then I suggest putting the SIM in the tablet until the setup is complete, then removing it.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I cannot get past the welcome screen without having to insert the sim card. Is there a way around it? I should have tried sooner lol. any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately I've never set up one of those tablets before so I am unsure. You may need to check with support or Samsung. I imagine there should be a way to skip that part. If not the only thing I can think of is temporarily moving your tablet SIM to the new one just for the setup process only.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂