Telus GUI opened up LAN STATUS showed connection speed on
Ethernet 4 is 1000 mbps and Ethernet 3 is 100 mbps. I like to
know if and how I can change the speed on Ethernet 3 to reach
1000 mbps. I hope technically advanced members here may give
me a hand on these. Please help !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamesiha
Just Moved In

I have the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on my computer. Think I have this solved by disabling Auto Disable Gigabit.

Device Manager/Network Adapter/RealtekPCIeGBEFamilyController/Properties/Advanced/Auto Disable Gigabit. 1G mbps comes up. I am happy. Many thanks for your quick reply and help. Appreciate that very much !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Check the PC itself. That's usually where the issue will originate, assuming the Cat6 cable isn't damaged or constructed incorrectly. Does the PC have a gigabit ethernet port on it or a 100mbps port? What kind of ethernet adapter is in your PC? You should be able to find it under ethernet properties or device manager.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

jamesiha
Just Moved In

I have the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on my computer. Think I have this solved by disabling Auto Disable Gigabit.

Device Manager/Network Adapter/RealtekPCIeGBEFamilyController/Properties/Advanced/Auto Disable Gigabit. 1G mbps comes up. I am happy. Many thanks for your quick reply and help. Appreciate that very much !

geriatricguy
Friendly Neighbour

If you are using the same pipe for both, then one is going to be slower than the other one.