cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual Ghz on T3200

waynjer
Neighbour

I am looking to have a modem that can service both 2.4Ghz and 5 or 6hz as most of the home apps that I have downloaded to control lights, plugs, appliances etc use the slower 2.4Ghz and will not work on the higher Ghz.  Now I understood that the T3200 modem could determine what Ghz speed was needed and supply the correct amount to the. app so that it would function.  I don't know if I am right or if there is another way to have the needed control of the Ghz speed so that you could run home apps and run higher speed internet. Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is another way to get the two Ghz's together so that both are available for different apps.

thanks.....waynjer

9 REPLIES 9

jackrabbit000
Ambassador

The T3200M should have band steering enabled. It runs on both 2.4 and 5 ghz at the same time on the same SSID.  To separate the 2.4 and 5 ghz you have to turn off band steering and give them separate SSID’s.  

Thank you so much for your kind support and help…wayne

waynjer
Neighbour

Hello Jackrabbit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question regarding the T2300 and running 2.5Ghz and 5.0Ghz together. Unfortunately, I didn’t understand anything like Band steering and SSID. My computer knowledge would fit in a thimble as I am 72 and didn’t grow up with computers. I enjoy them, but find them extremely frustrating due to my lack of knowledge. All I know right now is that in order to run many of the home apps that I am trying to install, they must run on 2.5Ghz and yet it seems that I do not have that speed and none of the home apps will connect and run. I did have them running when we were on the Shaw System, but my partner went and changed to Telus and nothing has worked since, not the internet or the televisions.
Would you know if it is possible for me to hire someone to come in and set up my computers and my televisions to work with the Telus system? I am not wealthy but could be willing to fork out some money to get my systems up and running.
I appreciate your answers to my questions even though i don’t understand them. Please don’t feel like you must respond to my questions if you are busy or otherwise inclined.

Thanks very much,

Wayne

Sent from my iPad

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey, Wayne! Thanks for your post! Your best bet would be to reach out to our Tech Support team regarding the SmartSteering on your T3200M. Send us a private message and we can get you in touch with them for assistance!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Sorry don’t know how to send a private message so just replying.  I have had some great answers for my question and a great video as well.  Now I just need to know how to obtain the T2300M router and do I need to have Telus come out to my home to install it?  Maybe the tech support team can help me do this?

thanks Community Manager……wayne

Not sure how to send you a private message but yes I would like to reach out to the Tech Support team…how do I contact them?

thanks……wayne

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We'll send you a private message, be sure to look out for it!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This video may be enough to get you sorted out:

How To Setup Two Wireless Network Settings on a Telus T3200M router. (youtube.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks for your reply and the video link…..wayne