cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of residence address

Anzhelika
Just Moved In
if I sign a contract with the company for two years, but my apartment lease is only for 6 months, can I then move the Internet router to another apartment without problems?
3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Anzhelika Wrote: Can I then move the Internet router to another apartment without problems?

Contact Telus and discuss the move. I'm sure that behind the scenes configuration must be completed prior to the move.

As it will take a few days to set an appointment if a tech is required to attend the new location, I would contact them as soon as possible.

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323

Here are TELUS' guidelines:

Move your TELUS Home Services - TELUS Moving | TELUS

I hope it helps you as well...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much..

polecat
All-Star

@Anzhelika  You will require a tech to connect to the fiber for that apartment. Make a call now to arrange the tech visit.

rc
Rockstar

Extracted from TELUS move FAQs

Are there any costs to move my home services?
No, there's no fee to move your home services

What happens if I move to an area where TELUS does not provide service?
If you move to an area where TELUS does not provide service, you will have to terminate your service agreement. Any remaining account balance will become due, and early cancellation fees may apply as per your service agreement. Rental equipment must be returned to TELUS upon cancellation of service, otherwise you will be responsible for the replacement cost.

You should not have a problem, unless you move outside of the TELUS service area or you move to an apartment where there is only one service provider and it is not TELUS.