cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a wifi6 router to my white telus wifi hub

Truenortheh
Just Moved In

hi there, ive tried looking through the forums but couldnt find any thing concrete.

i currently have optik tv and telus fiber internet. 

the fiber goes to an ONT then the white wifi hub. can i simply plug the TPlink AX5400 router into the wifi hub or will that cause issues? 

ive heard people bridge the telus wifi hub but i thought doing so would stop the optik tv from working. 

any help into this situation is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

OOPs! It seems the ability to bridge Lan Port 1 has been removed from the menus. You can still set up a secondary network for Wi-Fi 6. Telus has provided a Wi-Fi 6 networking device in some markets, so if you can wait a bit, you might be able to obtain that device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

If you didn't get help in the meantime, we recommend to contact our tech support for assistance on the compatibility. .

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can bridge the Telus device, but still leave the Wi-Fi on for Optik. You would use the second network for the rest of your network except TV.

NFtoBC

awesome now i need to figure out how to bridge this port, the setting must be hiding some where.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

OOPs! It seems the ability to bridge Lan Port 1 has been removed from the menus. You can still set up a secondary network for Wi-Fi 6. Telus has provided a Wi-Fi 6 networking device in some markets, so if you can wait a bit, you might be able to obtain that device.

NFtoBC