cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6E Confusion

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

I am keen to upgrade to Wi-Fi 6E.   I see that TELUS now includes Wi-Fi 6E in all PureFibre Internet Plans 1.5G or higher.

Every TELUS employee I have spoken to is not sure exactly what this means...  

I am being told I must subscribe to Wi-Fi Plus ($10 monthly) in order to receive Wi-Fi 6E equipment.  

Is a Wi-Fi Plus subscription necessary if I already have PureFibre Internet 1.5G?

Also..  I know there is a Boost 6E Mini (extender) but is there also a full-size Boost Wi-Fi 6E Wi-Fi access point with 3 Ethernet jacks?  

I see references to model B25T (full-size Boost 6E) on the TELUS forum on Reddit.    

Is this device available?   

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

Customer Care was not able to add a Wi-Fi Plus subscription.. I am being told this is because Wi-Fi Plus is included with our 1.5G Plan??!!..  it took several calls and  hours on hold to get this resolved.  We now have a tech visit scheduled for "support with a self install DIY. This order has an associated charge of $150".   Customer Care has promised to refund the $150 fee.   What an ordeal!   

View solution in original post

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it was taken care of, and very much appreciate your patience with this!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

El-Eric

Hi there - I've checked internally and we do require a subscription to W-Fi Plus in order to get the Wi-Fi 6E booster if you need a secondary router inside your home but the first one we include is part of the package

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour
I am trying to upgrade my existing Boost 6 wifi to the Boost 6E. I will return the original Boost 6. Why do I need Wifi Plus? Telus is advertising that wifi 6E is included in my 1.5G internet plan.

Did you previously upgrade to 1.5G when you already had your Wi-Fi 6 equipment?

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour
Correct. Had Boost 6 with Gigabit internet. Upgraded to 1.5G.

I understand. Our process for installation is different from existing customers so I do see that a Wi-Fi Plus subscription is required. Your best course of action would be to speak with our customer service team and see if there is anything different available to your account

DeanoYVR
Friendly Neighbour

Customer Care was not able to add a Wi-Fi Plus subscription.. I am being told this is because Wi-Fi Plus is included with our 1.5G Plan??!!..  it took several calls and  hours on hold to get this resolved.  We now have a tech visit scheduled for "support with a self install DIY. This order has an associated charge of $150".   Customer Care has promised to refund the $150 fee.   What an ordeal!   

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it was taken care of, and very much appreciate your patience with this!!