cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi usage according to connect app

Mummyyuck
Neighbour
According to the Connect app, one of my TVs represents 60% of my WiFi usage. This TV is not internet connected and when I click on it, it does not appear as a device. This makes no sense to me, but I am experiencing erratic WiFi speed (upload in particular). Any suggestions on how I can remove a device that "doesn't exist"?
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the TV in question connected by an ethernet cable? If not, all the programs viewed on it consume Wi-Fi bandwidth and volume, even if not accessing internet sites.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hi NFtoBC, thanks for the reply. In fact, we have 2 TVs that are not ethernet connected. The device being referred to in the Connect app, is not used very often and I would expect high usage from the other TV. In addition, the TV listed is not even a device shown in the Connect app - so I can't delete it or investigate why it's using so much of my monthly data.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly restart your modem and Optik devices as per these instructions:

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

You may also try force closing the Telus Connect app.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks but I have rebooted both modem and boosters a number of times and restarted the Connect app as well. It's like the device list from a prior installation has been corrupted during an app upgrade.