cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Windows 10 FTP server port forwarding via a T3200M w switcher?

MVDWebcaster1
Just Moved In

I followed the Microsoft Windows Central instructions on setting up a Windows 10 FTP server folder on a PC and set the firewall settings on Windows and the Telus T3200M router to port forward (21-22) but can't use the router's IP address because I have a network switcher in line with the router and the outside internet and can't seem to get the IP address (a local one on my PC) to appear in an FTP client or various browsers.     Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The local IP address is a 168.192.1.xx      My internet IP gateway address is 173.181.96.xxx

1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@MVDWebcaster1 wrote: IP address because I have a network switcher in line with the router and the outside internet and can't seem to get the IP address (a local one on my PC) to appear in an FTP client or various browsers.     Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Per the TELUS HSIA Security Measures Policy documentation port 21 is blocked by Telus on incoming streams. You'll have to reconfigure your incoming port to one that has not been blocked by Telus... Cheers

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-hsia-security-measures-policy

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.