cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where exactly to configure DNS on NH20A?

Noffica
Organizer

I came across a related thread here but I still am not sure exactly where to put in my custom DNS servers e.g. ones provided by NextDNS.io.

I have entered the following here

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 1.00.23 PM.png

and 

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 1.03.03 PM.png

but I still see this

Screenshot 2023-09-20.png

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may be able to get some assistance with this from our Tech Support team. They're available anytime at 1-888-811-2323 or via Live Chat online over at www.telus.com/assist

Unfortunately, the Tech Support team were out of their depth for a question like this

I'd like you to consider how much time it would take me to explain this issue to Tech Support. All the information is here already.

stonehorse
Coach

Its been awhile since I'm been on this forum so forgive the late reply. First question, I'm curious to know if you solved your problem. I have a new NH20A modem and want to change the IPV4 & IPV6 DNS server settings. Also I've noticed in your picture "WAN DNS Setting > Connect to DNS server automatically" the radio button is enabled "No". Should it not be "Yes"?  

stonehorse
Coach

Update from yesterday. I've had a chance to poke around the configuration settings of the NH20A network access hub. Setting custom DNS servers for IPV6 is easy and straightforward. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the DNS address for IPV4. At least I've been unable to make the new settings take effect. As if the default settings have been hard coded into the access hub. Any changes for me will have to be done in the Windows network settings which is not a problem. But it would have be nice to do it within the access hub settings. Another way around this issue is to purchase your own router and switch the NH20A into bridge mode. A third way is subscribe to a VPN service and use the VPN's DNS servers. Just check for any DNS leaks when using the VPN (should not leak).