cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to report a WAN routing issue?

nickmcski
Just Moved In

Hi, I'm unable to access a singular IPv4 address, what's the best way to get support for this? The issue appears to be with the Telus WAN routing for this singular IP address (107.180.4.46). I've confirmed I'm able to access the IP using other service providers (rogers). 

After ruling out my home network equipment I checked on the Telus BGP looking glass. There seems to be a weird routing issue with this singular IP address.

I've compared the traceroute for this IP and another address on the same subnet that works. As you can see when querying 107.180.4.46 it's not even reaching the next piece of telus equipment. 

Telus routing.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Oh, another GoDaddy shared hosting server. This isn't the first time there has been an issue with a GoDaddy shared hosting server and Telus users being blocked from accessing it. The previous GoDaddy IPs reported also started with 107.180.x.x. I also don't seem to be able to access any domains hosted on that server.

Since images aren't loading, I assume your traceroute looks something like this:

traceroute to 107.180.4.46 (107.180.4.46), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
 1  192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.254)  1.270 ms  0.793 ms  1.012 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *

I don't know of a fast fix for it aside from a VPN temporarily. I'll ask if someone can look further into this.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Oh, another GoDaddy shared hosting server. This isn't the first time there has been an issue with a GoDaddy shared hosting server and Telus users being blocked from accessing it. The previous GoDaddy IPs reported also started with 107.180.x.x. I also don't seem to be able to access any domains hosted on that server.

Since images aren't loading, I assume your traceroute looks something like this:

traceroute to 107.180.4.46 (107.180.4.46), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
 1  192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.254)  1.270 ms  0.793 ms  1.012 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *

I don't know of a fast fix for it aside from a VPN temporarily. I'll ask if someone can look further into this.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you for the quick response Nighthawk! I was able to find the thread you were talking about and I agree it seems to be the same issue.

Hopefully this image works, it is a screenshot from the Telus BGP looking glass website.

https://i.imgur.com/NjdQb05.png

hxxps://i[.]imgur[.]com/NjdQb05[.]png 

NjdQb05

Hopefully it can get to the right person that's able to fix it.