cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valorant High Ping West Servers

Nub
Just Moved In

For the past few days myself and others have been experiencing high ping on Valorant, specifically on West coast (Oregon and California) servers. Normally I get 20-30 ms on these servers, now it is around 75-80 ms. Everyone I have come across on TELUS wifi experiencing the same issue, it started happening about 2 days ago.

18 REPLIES 18

funerul
Friendly Neighbour

this is also happening with me! just starting yesterday i average 20-30 ping on oregon and cali and now its 80-100! icant even play the game

funerul
Friendly Neighbour

this is also happening with me! just starting yesterday i always average 20-30 ping on Oregon and Cali servers and now its 80-100 i cant even play the game now

Nub
Just Moved In

For the past few days myself and anyone else playing Valorant on West coast servers (Oregon and California) have been experiencing high ping. It used to be around 20-30 ms and now it is 75-80 ms. I've come across many people with this same issue and they have all been using TELUS internet and are from the Vancouver, B.C area.

geeegucci
Just Moved In
Hey, I have a telus 1gig pure fibre and im having a bad ping on US west servers at valorant. It started Jan 30th around 3:23am. I used to have a 32ms ping in Oregon server (now its 62ms) , california used to have 40ms (now its 75ms). Those two are my main servers when playing the game. And now I have a “US East” here that is 60ms that used to be around 115ms. Is there a re-routing happened, ‘cause all my friends with telus are experiencing the same problems, and my friends with SHAW are not. Please help!

I'm also having this issue. I used to have 18 ping to Oregon server now its 80, and 100 to Cali servers. I also get around 70 to the US east N. Virginia server as well. It seems as the routing has changed. 

same here!

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I recommend reaching out to the game dev company (I believe it's Riot Games) to inquire further.

I'm having this issue as well, beginning on January 30th. I have put in a support ticket with Riot Games but have not heard back yet. Is this issue being investigated on TELUS' end? As it seems this issue is only occurring for TELUS users.   

funerul
Friendly Neighbour

i also put a ticket and they said they are fixing it but they dont know when the situation will be fixed.

ticket here.image_2024-02-01_173455929.png

yeah i just sent them my tracert file which had a LOTTTT of request timed out 

illvisfreshly
Friendly Neighbour

i saw on the outages page they did maintenance on the 30th in Vancouver, coincidently the same day we all had this problem start lol 

mmm i see, of course lmao.  i just hope they fix it soon.  i wanna play LOL

Langely
Neighbour

Currently, I am experiencing high pings in all riot game servers and would like to know what is causing this problem.

This problem started on Jan 30, 2024, when the ping suddenly increased up to 60-70 for all Weast Coast servers, and 110-120 in east servers. Before this issue came up, the pings were sitting around 20-30 for any Weast Coast servers and 50-70 for any East Servers. 

I am doing research for three days straight to find any similar cases and solutions, however, it looks like only Telus internet users in Canada are facing this difficulties. 

Could you please check with Riot Games and see what could cause this issue and see if there are any solutions to this?

I am also contacting Riot Games to see if they could do some investigation on this issue.

Thank you for your service.

funerul
Friendly Neighbour

I think its fixed now guys.  My ping is back to normal now !

Oh rly? Im outside rn. Will check once I get home.

NICEEEEEE

illvisfreshly
Friendly Neighbour

Can confirm its fixed for me too 

Langely
Neighbour

It did fix! Im playing rn at 1:38 am on Feb 3, 2024