cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Smart Wifi off?

JayeCat
Just Moved In
Does anyone know how to turn Smart Wifi off on those new white shiny Telus Hubs? I'd like 2.4 and 5ghz to be separate SSIDs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

1. Open up a browser from the device
  2. In the Address bar type 192.168.1.254 and press enter. This should take you to the home screen of the Advanced Wi-Fi modem
  3. In the upper right hand corner there will be an option to “Log in to make changes to the modem's settings”
  4. Enter your Admin username and password. If you do not have a username and password, use the default credentials on the black label located near the base of the modem. If those do not work, please use the reset method
  5. Once logged in, click on the Wireless Setup icon near the top of the page
  6. In the menu on the left side of the screen, click SmartSteering
  7. In the main screen select Disable then click on the Apply button to save changes
  8. To change your Network name (SSID), and wireless password, click on Basic Settings in the left menu

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

1. Open up a browser from the device
  2. In the Address bar type 192.168.1.254 and press enter. This should take you to the home screen of the Advanced Wi-Fi modem
  3. In the upper right hand corner there will be an option to “Log in to make changes to the modem's settings”
  4. Enter your Admin username and password. If you do not have a username and password, use the default credentials on the black label located near the base of the modem. If those do not work, please use the reset method
  5. Once logged in, click on the Wireless Setup icon near the top of the page
  6. In the menu on the left side of the screen, click SmartSteering
  7. In the main screen select Disable then click on the Apply button to save changes
  8. To change your Network name (SSID), and wireless password, click on Basic Settings in the left menu

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Dang - I think I need to do the same, but I can't find the right page to do this?