cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tp link powerline adapters usage with the T3200M modem and Pure fiber Internet 150.

Viper777
Just Moved In

I have been getting very poor speed from this setup lately. I currently have 2 boosters installed with the T3200. (Single family dwelling) The modem is putting out the correct speed but the boosters are not .

The speed has been fluctuating from about 35 to 45 Download and about 15 to 20 upload. No where near the 150 it is supposed to be.

SO, I recently bought a Tplink powerline set of adapters and installed them. After following the simple setup I get all the correct indications that the 2 adapters have connected with all appropriate green lights on.  What I haven't got is any change in the speed. Could someone help with this setup? Is there something else that I have to do to the modem settings to get these powerline adapters to work?

Checking the available network connections does not show anything related to a Tplink network available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero
Powerline adapters give you Ethernet ports not a WiFi connection. You will not see the TP-link adapters on your network since the operate as a port not a device.

I assume you have connected your boosters to the powerline adapters?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero
Powerline adapters give you Ethernet ports not a WiFi connection. You will not see the TP-link adapters on your network since the operate as a port not a device.

I assume you have connected your boosters to the powerline adapters?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which adapters did you get? Are the wifi boosters now connected to the Tplink ethernet ports? How are you measuring your wifi speed?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.