cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Network Access Hub Port Forwarding

twilightrider
Just Moved In

Last year I moved into a new place and had Telus PureFibre installed. I recently came upon the need to host servers and while attempting to deal with port forwarding, I found I cannot access the default 192.168.1.254 admin services using admin and the admin password. it simply does not let me log in, it says there is an error in username or password. After some google searching and looking at my Telus Connect, I found 192.168.1.45 works with the admin and admin password, however I have no access to WAN options, firewall, or port forwarding. Other people have said they have these options, however I do not and I am at a loss.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

twilightrider
Just Moved In

Nevermind, after more digging I figured out the issue. The lack of naming on the devices and images regarding the devices really confused me. I managed to get the right password for the admin and its fixed now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

twilightrider
Just Moved In

Nevermind, after more digging I figured out the issue. The lack of naming on the devices and images regarding the devices really confused me. I managed to get the right password for the admin and its fixed now.

kneb139
Friendly Neighbour

I have the Arcadyan TELUS Wi-Fi Hub, Serial number: ARCA90615C70 working off my rooftop wireless connection to the cell network. I am attempting to SSH into my home computer, and it seems port 22 is blocked.

I can log into the router, I see where to add a port forward item, but it doesn't accept 22 as an entry. I would like a manual so I could see exactly what it is expecting. i connected Telus tech support and they won't send a manual. Anyone have any success with port forwarding?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@kneb139 It's odd to see an Arcadyan Wi-Fi router in use with a cellular connection. There also is no manual for that device. Normally cellular routers are used like the ZTE or Huawei ones. If you are on a cellular connection, you will likely have a non-public IP address assigned to the router/modem. That would mean you will not be able to connect remotely even if you were to get port forwarding configured on the Arcadyan. You'll want to confirm if the external/WAN IP on your actual cellular modem matches what you see if you check online.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

kneb139
Friendly Neighbour
I think you are right that my whatismyip address does not seem to show up in my modem wan settings.

Ken G. Brown

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modem wan should have a ipv4  address.

Are you using static or dynamic ip address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the T3200 modem or the Network Access Hub modem?

kneb139
Friendly Neighbour
All I’ve been able to find out about the white tower is the following: Model: Arcadyan TELUS Wi-
Fi Hub Serial number: ARCA90615C70

Ken G. Brown

kneb139
Friendly Neighbour
Telus says I have to get a corporate account to get a static IP. The IP I see from whatismyip changes periodically, don’t know when or why. I assume that a corporate account will be way too expensive, I will look into that tho. I am not in need of a business account, only residential use.

Ken G. Brown

Anonymous
Not applicable

A router would have a setting or feature to enable port forwarding.

The other option is to go into the windows firewall or the router to allow and enable port 22.

kneb139
Friendly Neighbour
I was finally able to enable port forwarding for port 22 by putting 22 in all four text boxes. Not sure how to determine what to use for IP when attempting to SSH in.

Ken G. Brown

Anonymous
Not applicable

Residential modems only  use dynamic ip address.

You would have to use a modem using a static ip address on a corporate or business account.

Try setting a stic ip address on your router first to see if it works successfully.