cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Door to Door Technician never showed

Bigboy98
Friendly Neighbour

I needed some advice. i've been with Telus for over 2 decades and had a decent experience.

I was scheduled for Telus Fiber Migration (from Copper). I had door-to-door reps come to my house in mid-Nov and we agreed to a deal. It would have been Internet 300 + Home Phone + Optic TV for $60 month with a $150 bill credit as well. The technician was supposed to come on today and install and do the switch over. We had the physical work done on the lawn over the summer. According to the webpage, this would have been Step 3: “Transferring your services via an in-home visit by a TELUS technician. Learn about flexible install options at telus.com/VirtualInstall.” Unfortunately, no technician came, and I have called Telus and they booked us for a different appointment with completely different services according to a scheduling email with different prices as well.

All the reps (including retentions, installation services, door to door management) have been clueless to this issue and do not know what deal they offered me. The door to door sales people were official and they had Telus jackets, tablets and worked for a third party contractor. They even confirmed by going outside and calling me to finalize the deal and recording everything, but when i try to call that number again, it just takes me to a general Telus hot line. No rep even knows about the Telus Migration Services or what these plans were. I'm thinking i will try calling on the weekdays since the reps are often more likely in Canada and understand we better than the international ones who ignore. 

Can anyone please advise or have you heard of this happening before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bigboy98
Friendly Neighbour

So as a solution if anyone has to refer to this again:

Remember to ask for an email verifying the info and insist on it. The door reps said i wouldn't get one, but they had made the notes in the system, but those notes don't show to Telus reps.

Eventually, i asked the regular phone rep to transfer me to retention rep and i gave up with them and asked to speak with a Telus Retention Manager. Suprisingly and luckily the Manager was in BC and she was actually able to understand what i'm saying and help me. She applied the discount and we were able to get the general price, but i wasted 4 hours. Lol. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bigboy98
Friendly Neighbour

So as a solution if anyone has to refer to this again:

Remember to ask for an email verifying the info and insist on it. The door reps said i wouldn't get one, but they had made the notes in the system, but those notes don't show to Telus reps.

Eventually, i asked the regular phone rep to transfer me to retention rep and i gave up with them and asked to speak with a Telus Retention Manager. Suprisingly and luckily the Manager was in BC and she was actually able to understand what i'm saying and help me. She applied the discount and we were able to get the general price, but i wasted 4 hours. Lol.