cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Boost w/ T3200 - Create Second wifi network (not guest network)

Cowboybuddhaful
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue, and looking for some guidance. I have 2 Boosts with a T3200 router.

I have all these Google devices (TV, smart speaker) on my Boost network, and my new basement tenant just purchased a Google Nest Hub device. He's added it to the Boost network, and as a result, I can see it on my list of devices and even see his photos. I tried to create a visitor network for him in the MyWifi app, but there's guest network limitations with Google devices.

Is there a way to create another private network using the Boost devices? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No. You might try adding a second wi-Fi Router to your network, and have all his connections go through it. You will need to set up a subnet for the second router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No. You might try adding a second wi-Fi Router to your network, and have all his connections go through it. You will need to set up a subnet for the second router.

NFtoBC

Thank you for the note. Can I create a new subnet under the T3200 router? BTW, I had him use the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks from the T3200, and even then, Google Home recognizes his Nest Hub device, and assigns it to the larger network, and therefore, I can see this device and his photos. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have fibre, you can try putting a switch between the ONT and your T3200M and a router for the tenant. This should  create two networks, each with its own Telus-assigned IP address.

If building a network with subnets, there are lots of instructional sites on the web describing how to accomplish this.

NFtoBC