cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Telus Wifi Boosters

Amka
Neighbour

I have been losing brain cells trying to set up WiFi boosters. This has been a reoccurring issue for the past three years. At some point, the Connect app randomly starts detecting one my booster wifi (with the name TELUSWiFiXXXX) as my main network, which causes me to lose access/connection to the other booster. Every time this has happened, I try factory resetting both boosters as well as unplugging my Modem for 10s, plugging it back in and attempt to go through the booster setup process from the beginning. Plugging in the first booster power and the ethernet cable directly to the Modem, the setup gets to the stage where it asks me to connect to the booster wifi with the password on the back of the booster etc. However when I do successfully connect to it, the Connect app says Oops failed to connect to the booster. Upon quitting the setup, the Connect app again shows the booster as the main network which brings me all the way back to where I started. I have tried uninstalling Connect and clearing its data/cache with no success. Does anyone have any idea what to do about this?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Do the networks share the same name, by chance?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.