cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed trouble

JDNW
Neighbour

I'm trying to download documents from OneDrive to my computer (Mac mini).  When I click on the download icon at the top of the screen on Firefox, I see 1.5 MB/sec with a max of 2 MB/sec.   When I do a speed test I see download Mbps is 817.

I am using Wi-Fi and the Telus router Boost Wi-Fi 6. (installed in Sept. 2023) is right next to me.

When I pug in an Ethernet cord to my router and connect it to my Mac mini, I see in Settings that Ethernet is connected (green light).  If I then turn off Wi-Fi the internet does not work at all.  So something is wrong and I'm not sure if this is related to the slow download speeds.  If I do the same with my windows laptop (connect the Ethernet) Wi-Fi works with the Ethernet cord plugged into it. However the download speeds is about the same, up to 3 MB/sec.

Other details:

• Boost Wi-Fi 6
  • PureFibre Internet 1.5G
  • Plan details: 1500 Mbps download, 940 Mbps upload
  • Add-ons: unlimited data

• Mac mini 2020
  • Chip: Apple M1
  • MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1

What can I do to try and get my files to download faster? 

I appreciate any ideas because I really have none.

thanks,

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What are the download speeds when you download files from another location / website / service? It's entirely possible the bottleneck is with OneDrive.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What are the download speeds when you download files from another location / website / service? It's entirely possible the bottleneck is with OneDrive.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you @Nighthawk   You are correct.  I downloaded a few photos from Flickr and the download was automatic!  This is pretty frustrating because I want to download all my OneDrive files and it's going to tale forever.