cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing from Guest to Private Network on Boost WiFi

Edgetone
Just Moved In

I have installed Telus Boost wifi throughout my home. I have enabled the Guest network for clients of my home studio.

I have a digital mixer on the Private network. I want clients on the Guest network to be able to access the IP of the digital mixer to control headphone mixes, but only that IP address.

Telus WiFi app doesn't include routing between the Guest and Private networks.

Is there a way to configure a router rule to allow devices on the Guest network to access this one IP on the private side.?Of course they will also still want internet access.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, no. The guest network is separate from your private network, and there should be no crossover.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Edgetone
Just Moved In

I agree that by default there should be no crossover. But I can't see why exposing a particular IP shouldn't be possible. I could see it just not yet being implemented in the software, but technically there should be a way by either port mapping, or a proxy address, or a predefined route.

Of course it's technically possible to implement. Once you establish routing from one network to another you are no longer managing a guest network you are managing multiple LAN segments. This router's software is not designed to do this. You need a different device.