cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate changes while on 2 years contract

Syman
Just Moved In

Hello, Just signed for to year contract with Telus, was reading my service agreement and now I am wondering.

If there will be a rate increase, will it affect me while I am on my two-year contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Syman

Great question! Reference: "Throughout your fixed term agreement, our current published rates will apply for your TV service, and we will inform you at least 30 days in advance of any rate changes." In my years working at TELUS, I have never experienced TELUS Home Services rate increasing while on a 2 contract without a valid reason. I am also a TELUS customer, and feel that when I sign a 2 year contract, I deserve to be locked in at that price, however its not that simple from a business end which is controlled by other regulations, and rules outside of TELUS. All service providers have similar terms, and they can change your rateplan on contract. Although this may feel unfair, we too as a customer have the ability to adjust your rateplan, and features (with some limitations). 

Click Here to learn more about the expectations, and reasoning why sometimes your rate plan may change on contract.

Why does your TELUS invoice sometimes go up?

When you sign a 2 year service agreement, you receive additional discounts or a Gift With Purchase (which is why I always renew my contracts every 2 years). If you choose to receive the discounts, depending on current promotions they may be a discount for 12 months, or a discount for 24 months. There are other variants too. We sometimes forget exactly what we signed up for, and if we chose the discount 12 month option, once the 12 months are up, our invoice increases automatically, and now we have to pay the higher price for the remaining 12 months. TELUS does a great job at communicating these discounts, and when they expire by reviewing your TELUS invoice/bill. Beside each discount you will see what month it was added, and when it will expire. As a TELUS agent myself, I always suggest customers choose a 24 month discount (when available) to avoid this confusion. 

I hope that helps understand a bit more about the service agreement, and why prices may change.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Syman

Great question! Reference: "Throughout your fixed term agreement, our current published rates will apply for your TV service, and we will inform you at least 30 days in advance of any rate changes." In my years working at TELUS, I have never experienced TELUS Home Services rate increasing while on a 2 contract without a valid reason. I am also a TELUS customer, and feel that when I sign a 2 year contract, I deserve to be locked in at that price, however its not that simple from a business end which is controlled by other regulations, and rules outside of TELUS. All service providers have similar terms, and they can change your rateplan on contract. Although this may feel unfair, we too as a customer have the ability to adjust your rateplan, and features (with some limitations). 

Click Here to learn more about the expectations, and reasoning why sometimes your rate plan may change on contract.

Why does your TELUS invoice sometimes go up?

When you sign a 2 year service agreement, you receive additional discounts or a Gift With Purchase (which is why I always renew my contracts every 2 years). If you choose to receive the discounts, depending on current promotions they may be a discount for 12 months, or a discount for 24 months. There are other variants too. We sometimes forget exactly what we signed up for, and if we chose the discount 12 month option, once the 12 months are up, our invoice increases automatically, and now we have to pay the higher price for the remaining 12 months. TELUS does a great job at communicating these discounts, and when they expire by reviewing your TELUS invoice/bill. Beside each discount you will see what month it was added, and when it will expire. As a TELUS agent myself, I always suggest customers choose a 24 month discount (when available) to avoid this confusion. 

I hope that helps understand a bit more about the service agreement, and why prices may change.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation. I have made a switch from Shaw to Telus (starting June 22)  and one (from many) things I loved being Shaw customer since 2010, they never increased my monthly bill, while I was locked into my two-year agreements. Like you do, I would renew my contracts every two years.

Something what bugs me now .... 😃

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

My pleasure, and also welcome to TELUS 🙂

Thats great to hear your review about Shaw and never increasing your monthly bill on two-wear agreements. I hope TELUS treats you the same, and even better. I think you will truly enjoy the services TELUS has to offer. 

If your like me, we appreciate a good deal. I'm not sure what other services you currently have with TELUS, but here are some extra value & discounts when you bundle Mobility or Home Security. No pressure, just thought I would share to help reduce your monthly expenses if you are not bundling already. 

• Add TELUS Mobility & get additional discounts - Click Here to learn more.
  • Add TELUS Smart Home Security at an exclusive discount - Click Here to learn more