cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFibre install

HenryHa
Neighbour

Hi Guys,

Telus technician came twice(Mar 24th 2021 and Apr 8th 2021) then found out that the conduit was not installed yet, Aecon the contractor did the preparation survey and the operator said they needed to talk to Telus for a proposed solution and hasn't come back yet, I am wondering how long it takes to have PureFibre installed for your guys, I am so frustrated as my Shaw internet is expiring in less a month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Talk to Aecon to find out when they'll be installing the conduit. That needs to be done before the fibre can go in. If they're organized they'll have Telus out the same day. If not you may need to arrange for the Telus installer to come that same day after the conduit is run in. Hopefully there is fibre run along the roadway in your neighborhood.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

polecat
All-Star

@HenryHa  I would say at this point ( no conduit in ground ) a contract and money has to change hands before anything happens. Telus does not do subdivision piping the developer does that and gives the piping to telus shaw the same. Will be a long time and no one knows any thing.

the contractor Aecon emailed me the drop installation order# and I did signed the permission form, I am in Edmonton

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Talk to Aecon to find out when they'll be installing the conduit. That needs to be done before the fibre can go in. If they're organized they'll have Telus out the same day. If not you may need to arrange for the Telus installer to come that same day after the conduit is run in. Hopefully there is fibre run along the roadway in your neighborhood.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks, there is no contact # for Aecon in the email, should I call this : Aecon 1003 Ellwood Road SWEdmonton, AB T6X 0B3Phone: (780) 430-4070?

Kent2
Coach

In my case. when I ordered fibre an installer came and discovered there was no fibre to the house (I tried to tell them that but they would not listen). It is underground service. So they ordered the crew to but the fibre in. I signed the forms and so they can to do the underground fibre but they then discovered they needed authorization form telus to put in an extra pot in the ground, That took about two months, Then they put in the fibre to the demark on the side of the house and then the installer came. In all it was three to four months. It seems telus has rather poor inventory control about what is on (or in) the ground.  

thanks, it takes so long, maybe its time to talk to Shaw to get renewal bonus.