cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding - Control by IP?

mike80222
Neighbour

I have a router model T3200M. When I forward a port to a machine on my LAN, I want to be able to allow access from only selected IP address from the outside. I don't see any obvious way to do this. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If possible it's probably simplest to set up the restriction on the machine that you wish to limit connectivity.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Yes, I am currently doing that with iptables on the target machine. But I'd rather do the filtering on the router. So, are you confirming that the router does not have that capability?

@mike80222 Wrote: So, are you confirming that the router does not have that capability?

I just had a gander at the T3200M interface, I see nothing that would suggest that you are able to filter incoming IP addresses, or for that matter Geofencing...

I would suggest a more enhanced router system would be required to achieve this on the router hardware.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

mike80222
Neighbour

All right. Sounds like I'm out of luck.