cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpticTV and PureFibre cabling

JYAS
Organizer
Having 1 Gbps PureFibre and OpticTV installed in the upcoming weeks and have a few questions regarding the install.
Fibre line will come into my basement and will assume internet hardware (fibre line to router+wifi) will be installed there. I have coax lines and not cat5/6 cables to locations where I want OpticTV and internet connections. Preference is wired to these three locations so assuming we will go with Moca.

Is it as simple at adding a Moca adapter at each spot that has the OpticTV portal? (I.e can it share the same line?)
Do the OpticTV portals have switching capabilities for the internet on the device? (This would remove the need for the Moca adapter)
I will also need to extend the wireless signal on my 2nd floor to ensure proper coverage. Do the wireless extenders plug into OpticTV hardware or would it require the Moca adapter+switch.
Lastly, is there any hardware that is needed in advance of the install that isn’t covered by the install?
Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus generally sets up the PVR as a wired device, and the rest as wireless.

None of the Optik boxes have an ethernet out. There is only a single ethernet connector on them.

The rest of your network is usually at your cost. Boost can be added, by purchasing the devices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus generally sets up the PVR as a wired device, and the rest as wireless.

None of the Optik boxes have an ethernet out. There is only a single ethernet connector on them.

The rest of your network is usually at your cost. Boost can be added, by purchasing the devices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"