cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My home LAN line was suddenly disconnected even though I've paid?!

adrian2024
Neighbour

Our home lan line which we've had since moving in 10+ years ago has suddenly been disconnected. I also logged into online banking and it shows a debit this month (August 2024) by Telus. Help!! We don't want to lose our number. 

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you referring to internet or your phone? LAN = local area network within your house. Land line = phone line.

Since you mentioned losing a number, I'll assume land line. Call Telus directly if you want the fastest results for this. If the bill was paid, your service shouldn't be suspended. It could be that there is an issue with one of your phones, an outage or something happened to the line outside of the house.

If you call your land line number, what happens? Does it ring? give a recording? something else?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I meant land line (apologies!). It looks like Telus canceled the account for some reason. They'll be coming back to fix it but we're still very confused why our account got canceled. They said it had something to do with copper.  It was hard to even hear the person on the phone. I'm very confused...

Hey Adrian, we can take a look at the notes if you want. Please send us a message and we will do our best to make sense of it

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.