cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem shows red light

Tako
Just Moved In
Hello
I had to disconnect my modem to change its location and now it keeps showing red light and I lost connection.
My guess is the fibre cable is not connected properly but can anyone help me with this problem?
I tried multiple times to reconnect all parts of cables and the power adapter.
Please help me. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Moving the box the fibre connects to, is typically not recommended because the fibre cable can get damaged fairly easily. If any dust or dirt got on to the end of the cable or in the socket on the ONT/Hub, that can also cause connection issues. If it is a physical issue, you may need a tech to come out to fix it or replace the line. There is usually very little troubleshooting that can be done for this issue. Call Telus and have them check the connection from their end first to see if it's something external to the house that may be causing the issue. If there isn't anything, hopefully a repair tech can get out there fairly fast.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Moving the box the fibre connects to, is typically not recommended because the fibre cable can get damaged fairly easily. If any dust or dirt got on to the end of the cable or in the socket on the ONT/Hub, that can also cause connection issues. If it is a physical issue, you may need a tech to come out to fix it or replace the line. There is usually very little troubleshooting that can be done for this issue. Call Telus and have them check the connection from their end first to see if it's something external to the house that may be causing the issue. If there isn't anything, hopefully a repair tech can get out there fairly fast.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂