cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem/Router Upgrade Support Doesn't Understand

Spenz
Neighbour

Hi there I currently have the t3200m and boost wifi extenders. the t3200m is an awful modem/router and want to exchange for the new wifi telus hub. Support keeps telling me its only for celluar when I know its not. Can someone please from telus please pm so I can do this exchange. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Smart Hub is for cellular. The new Telus Wifi Hub is specifically for fibre customers. You will not get a PM from anyone on the forums here in regards to swapping hardware. Fibre installers / techs are the only ones with the wifi hubs. They are only sent out by tech support to solve a problem or if you get fibre installed. Even then there is no guarantee they'll have a Wifi Hub depending on availability of the hardware. Telus isn't doing in home visits either due to Covid-19. If you don't have fibre, you won't be able to get the Wifi Hub. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Smart Hub is for cellular. The new Telus Wifi Hub is specifically for fibre customers. You will not get a PM from anyone on the forums here in regards to swapping hardware. Fibre installers / techs are the only ones with the wifi hubs. They are only sent out by tech support to solve a problem or if you get fibre installed. Even then there is no guarantee they'll have a Wifi Hub depending on availability of the hardware. Telus isn't doing in home visits either due to Covid-19. If you don't have fibre, you won't be able to get the Wifi Hub. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have purefibre gigabit internet. The problems I'm having I know are all related to the t3200m as I never had any of these problems before I added tv. Before I could just plug my own router directly into the ont but now I have to use this old antique. It's a shame you guys couldn't just send me one in the mail. Doesn't make much sense considering you should be avoiding home visits. I guess I will phone support again and hopefully get someone who understand their own products and services.

Thanks

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What issues are you having as you’ve never stated the “problem(s)”.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can bridge port 1 on the T3200M, and use your own router for all but Optik TV.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What are the issues you want to resolve? Changing devices may not make a difference.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nozzy
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there, what I did was I called Customer Service and told them that I would like the new router Gateway called "Telus Wifi Hub". I did have to explain to the agent that it was not the Smart hub for mobile devices. You can also refer to this as the "Arcadyan Fiber AC Gateway" and you should be able to use it if you have Telus Pure Fibre. Anyway, not sure if Customer Service ordered the gateway for me or they transferred me to technical support and they ordered it for me. The technician does not need to enter your home for this, you can just swap it out yourself.  

Spenz
Neighbour

Please delete thread, all done. Thanks