cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower internet speeds

Twistybanana
Neighbour
Hey all,
I have the Pure Fibre Gigabit Internet, which should be around 940mb/s download.

When I checked it was only 630mb/s. Also when I am downloading a game through Steam or XBox Gamepass it caps at 70mb/s.

They put a white box on my wall which has a cable going to the SFP port on my Telus router and I have an ethernet cable running from the router LAN to my PC
1 REPLY 1

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

As for the game downloading, that's often simply due to their end and not your speed, i.e. I have the same speed at my place and installing games from GamePass or updates, etc. never download near that speed, and my Series X is hardwired about 5 feet from my TELUS equipment. Last I remember downloading an update for Dead By Daylight I think I saw it peaking at like 220mb/s?

As for the general speed itself there are of course a number of issues that can impact it...interference/saturation from other nearby signals (if using Wi-Fi) to the equipment itself. If rebooting your equipment doesn't get you closer to the desired speed via a speedtest, you can always reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 or via Live Chat online at www.telus.com/assist for further assistance and investigation!