cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and a power outage

snarkatron
Just Moved In

Will Telus home internet be available in power outage, if I have backup power like a UPS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@snarkatron Wrote: Will Telus home internet be available in power outage, if I have backup power like a UPS?

The odds are about even yes, or no... The factors that depend on whether the relay points that TELUS utilizes have power to send the signal on to you.

Say for example you live in a Condo or large development, and the power goes out. Chances are that a distribution point in the building, or complex has to send your signal. I would guess that that power would be out as well, and then no you  would not have a signal.

Factors beyond anyone control.... If the signal goes out anywhere in the chain, than no signal at the end of that chain...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@snarkatron Wrote: Will Telus home internet be available in power outage, if I have backup power like a UPS?

The odds are about even yes, or no... The factors that depend on whether the relay points that TELUS utilizes have power to send the signal on to you.

Say for example you live in a Condo or large development, and the power goes out. Chances are that a distribution point in the building, or complex has to send your signal. I would guess that that power would be out as well, and then no you  would not have a signal.

Factors beyond anyone control.... If the signal goes out anywhere in the chain, than no signal at the end of that chain...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.