cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Usage Over Data limit

iam1oak
Just Moved In

I have exceeded my internet data limit of 550 GB. This usage is unusual. Is there a way to determine each device internet usage in my home. For example, I own an Ipad, Mac and Macbook pro. Is there away to determine each device internet usage (NOT CELLULAR DATA)? This way I can manage the internet usage.

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not to my knowledge. Usually Internet usage is deemed large enough and inexpensive enough to not need that level of management.

Some commercial routers might track usage by device, but usually not consumer grade ones.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus My Wi-Fi app will show you the 3 devices that used the most wi-fi data, and percentage used, in the current billing period. It doesn't tell you how much data was actually used. 

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

IslandGuy
Coach

You might be able to get an idea by looking at the daily use. 

You can also set up email notification when you get near your limit.

KingDoggo
Neighbour

Telus has no tools that you can use to manage your data on that sort of level but you would be able to install something like GlassWire to track data across your three devices so can track which device is eating your data. GlassWire - Personal Firewall & Network Monitor

laxbird
Neighbour

You can set up an email notification so it sends warnings at 75%, 90% and I think 100%.  There is also a place where you can view your usage by day and by month but it hasn't worked for several weeks now.  Not surprised.