cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV6 Help

hoantrinh
Friendly Neighbour

I'm trying to set up IPv6 connection on an T3200M but I'm only getting "No network access" error. I'm not sure where else to start to get this fixed (called and they said they didn't know either).

Also using a D-Link DGS-105 switch and an Alcatel-Lucent modem (at least I think it is). 

The following settings were followed:

IPv6 WAN Settings

IPv6: Dnabled

WAN IPv6 IP Protocol: DHCPv6

Request PD Only: Yes

IPv6 DNS Type: Default Servers

IPv6 LAN Settings:

LAN Connection Type: stateless

ULA Support: disable

Subnet Number: 0

Delegated to LAN: No

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you checked with your school about IPv4 connections? It would be uncommon to see IPv6 only. If not, a free service like CloudFlare Warp has allowed others in the past to connect to IPv6 from an IPv4 connection.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

All the Alcatel ONT does is convert fibre to ethernet. Are you on a residential or business connection? IPv6 has not been available on business connections. On residential, IPv6 should be automatic on the T3200M if it's available in your area. I know it shouldn't matter with a simple switch, but if you connect the T3200M directly to the ONT, do you see IPv6 addresses on the Connection Status page under the Status icon?

IPv6.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

hoantrinh
Friendly Neighbour

Lan1 on the ONT is connected to the WAN port on the T3200M. This is what it currently shows:

hoantrinh_0-1695007458260.png

hoantrinh
Friendly Neighbour

Would I have to call Telus to see why the IPv6 WAN status is disconnected?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Tech support may not have an answer for that seeing as how there is a working IPv4 connection. Previously there were some instances or regions where IPv6 wasn't available but I'm not sure if thats the same or if it has changed. You also didn't answer if this is for a home internet connection or a business one. Business connections have been known to not have IPv6. Is not having IPv6 affecting your connection?

hoantrinh
Friendly Neighbour

Sorry, this is a home connection, but I'm trying to access a server for school that requires an IPv6 connection. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you checked with your school about IPv4 connections? It would be uncommon to see IPv6 only. If not, a free service like CloudFlare Warp has allowed others in the past to connect to IPv6 from an IPv4 connection.

hoantrinh
Friendly Neighbour

The thing for school was IPv6 specific for some reason. But the CloudFlare service worked!! Very surprised at how easy it was, thanks so much!!