cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want a paper bill!!!! how hard is this???

paperplease
Just Moved In

The CRA requires paper if they do an audit.  I don't have a printer at home, nor do I have any use for one besides printing out my two telus bills - why is it so hard for a customer who wants to pay their bills online to receive a paper bill, in the regular mail?  Companies have been billing customers for decades before email PDFs, how soon we forget?  Yes I'm angry.  I just want a paper bill!  Between paying for two cell phones and home internet, these bills are more than my monthly gas bill for heating my home, so why can't I get a bill mailed to me?  I work two jobs and don't have time to be running somewhere to find a printer to use, nor do I have the money to purchase a printer to print out two pieces of paper a month.  I find this quite ridiculous.  I may have to resort to sending Telus a regular old fashioned cheque every month to at lease have a paper trail...can these companies actually provide customer service or make changes?  I don't understand with all this technology why this is so difficult...and no I should not be charged for a paper bill considering how much I give every month to Telus.  Anyone else care to rant about this issue?  Maybe something will change?  MAYBE...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can go to your online account (MyTelus.com), where you can choose your particular account(s) and then choose 'Manage Billing' and change your invoice from electronic billing to paper billing. There may be a fee associated if you are not amongst the categories described in the links provided by @FuzzyLogic.

I simply keep an electronic copy to print out, should an audit occur.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may find this interesting:

CRTC mandating paper billing for some Canadian consumers   - Canada.ca

More details here:

Telecom and Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2022-28 | CRTC

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can go to your online account (MyTelus.com), where you can choose your particular account(s) and then choose 'Manage Billing' and change your invoice from electronic billing to paper billing. There may be a fee associated if you are not amongst the categories described in the links provided by @FuzzyLogic.

I simply keep an electronic copy to print out, should an audit occur.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"