cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Refund?

Rylant
Just Moved In

I canceled my home services about 2 months ago. Because Telus asks for bill payment for services not yet received, I had a refund of over $100 dollars to be issued to me. About a month ago, I called and spoke to a representative who explained that a refund would be issued soon in the form of a check mailed to my home. After not receiving it yet, I called again yesterday to speak to another rep. 

This rep seemed to not know what he was talking about. At first he said that a check was mailed on Oct 22. I informed him that I have not received a check. He then said that a check would be issued to me after a 3rd consecutive month of not receiving services. I asked why I would have to wait 90 days to receive money owed? He claimed it was Telus policy. I said "you have a policy to not pay people the money that you owe them for several months?" I also asked why I would have to wait 3 months if they had already supposedly sent a check on Oct 22? Why would they send a check on Oct 22 if it was their "policy" to not send a check for 3 months? He didn't have a good answer. 

I just want to know when I will receive my payment. It's absurd that I would have to wait for 3 months to receive a refund. 

Thanks,

Rylant

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rylant It may not have been explained to you properly - sorry if that's the case. The 90 day period is basically the account running through the closing process and ensuring there isn't any unbilled charges that haven't made its way through yet - it takes a few billing cycles to determine this. After the third billing cycle has closed, that's when the system will determine an "all clear" and automatically issue the check. 

Rylant
Just Moved In

Ok thank you dru. In the mean time, how do I go about collecting my credit? I would definitely prefer to get it sooner, rather than waiting for the full amount of time for the "all clear". I no longer have services and the agents can see that I have returned all of the equipment. 

Thanks,

Rylant