cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Telus to actually provide the Wifi 6 hardware promised?

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I have TWICE tried to get Telus to provide the WIFI 6 hardware they promised with the PureFibre internet, and all I get is a runaround about "availability" and that my "upgrade" is in queue.  Yet months have passed.  What can I do?  Complain to the CRTC about the false advertising?  Demand a discount given the crappy wifi I am stuck with?

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The demand for the Wi-Fi 6 hardware is exceptionally high, but this is understandably frustrating and not the experience we want our customers to have. We can definitely escalate this to get you a callback. Send us a message over on our Twitter or Facebook pages so we can verify your account for security purposes, gather your info, and start the callback process.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Again - don't use Twitter or Facebook.  So that doesn't work.  And I don't want to talk to someone on the phone AGAIN.  I want action.  You advertise that all PureFibre comes with Wifi 6 - but can't actually provide it.  False advertising, if you ask me.  I should get a discount on my bill since you promised Wifi 6 was "included" and failed to provide it.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can only provide discounts/credits after an account has been verified for customer privacy/security reasons (thus the process we have available on our social media channels); otherwise you'd need to speak with our team directly to discuss that. We could also look into a callback from our escalation team, but as you don't wish to speak to anyone on the phone again, it appears that it's all I'm able to suggest.

Were you given a reason as to why you didn't receive the new equipment? From what I understand, it's available for all new internet customers.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I was told my "upgrade" was registered (this was months ago) but that there was a "shortage of equipment".  And was told I would be contacted when it was available.  Have heard NOTHING.  Awesome customer service folks.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh, that'd be the reason. Our Wi-Fi 6 equipment is currently only available upon installation for new customers to TELUS. As you're an existing customer, our agents were right. We'll be contacting you when it's available for you as well. Thanks for clarifying!

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I can go buy Wifi6 hardware TODAY from numerous shops. The problem isn't that such technology isn't available - it's that the TELUS manufactured ones are not available. That's a TELUS problem.  If I go buy my own, can I deduct that cost from my TELUS bills since I am providing a service you claim you are providing?

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

So if I cancelled my service, waited a month and signed up again I could get it.  But being a loyal customer for years gets me kicked to the back of the line?  The website said it is available with ALL PureFibre.  But that's misleading advertising, which is illegal.  If you can't actually provide the advertised service, that isn't allowed under the law.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Taliesyn_0-1691800101549.png

The website says All TELUS PureFibre® plans include Wi-Fi 6. Yet I don't have the hardware and I have had PureFibre for two years.  Therefore you are not providing the service promised and that I am paying for.