cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file a formal complaint about customer service.

snberk103
Friendly Neighbour

On Thursday Aug 23rd our home phone stopped working, with an "out of service message". I have worked with Telus representatives for multiple hours on Chat and phone and we have determined that a technician will need to visit. First available appointment is for 2 weeks away. I have spent multiple hours on Chat and phone explaining why that was not acceptable. We live in a rural mountainous area with spotty cell phone coverage. Our landline is our primary communication method, and the phone line we'd use to call 911 in an emergency. The representatives agreed with me, and have attempted to have a supervisor call me. On Friday evening I was promised a call back within 24 hours. It is now 40 hours.

How do I get Telus' attention? I have already filed a complaint with the CCTS. I will follow up with CRTC soon. My federal MP maybe? Any other suggestions?  

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

Cathop
Helpful Neighbour

Did you get a response from Telus yet?

snberk103
Friendly Neighbour

Not yet, but it is Sunday. Tomorrow - Monday - I hope to get this resolved. Thanks for reaching out!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @snberk103 we see that there is an active escalation under your name so please work with those agents as they will do their best to help! 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Yes, Thank you. We finally talked to a supervisor this morning, Monday. The supervisor who tried to call on Friday went home after calling just once, without forwarding our request on to someone working during the weekend. We're now waiting for someone to tell us when the appointment will be. In the mean time my wife and I have arranged that one of us is home all day this week since we don't know the day the tech is coming yet. It has thrown our week in chaos. We are cooperating with the agents ... we just don't hear much. It's been nearly half a day since we talked to the supervisor, and there's been no call regarding the appointment yet. I hope you can understand how frustrated we are, and completely let down by Telus. Thanks for reaching out... but our line is still not working.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We hear you and how frustrating the situation is and we want to highlight that the escalations team will be doing their best to get you up and running again

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I'm sorry... and with respect ... but I don't think you do hear us - about how frustrating this is. We are in a rural neighbourhood without full cell coverage. This phone is our lifeline to the outside world. This is the line we use to reach out to friends and family, and they use to reach us. It is the number people will call when they have get hold of us in an emergency. It is the line we would use to call 911 should we have an emergency. It is absolutely unbelievable that we still have no idea when it will be fixed, because there is still no appointment earlier than Sept 3. A supervisor told us at 7:30am this morning that we'd probably be told by the end of the day when we'd have technician here this week. I understand that "probably" is not a guarantee. But it sure feels like our "Escalations team" is just like the previous team and getting nowhere fast. I've filed a complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services. Maybe they'll have better luck than we're having.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We'll forward this feedback to the Escalation manager assigned to your case and get them to reach out to you again asap.

MrTools
Neighbour

Terrible that this has happened and that Telus is basically strong arming people into accepting there incredibly and unpredictable fiber optic network (don't care how fast it is, it is not reliable in an emergency nor is it viable for any natural disasters)  Personally, we had a technician working to install fiber optic lines in our neighborhood in SW Calgary; reconnect the VERY RELIABLE copper line to our phone and internet...it was "accidently cut" while removing the copper lines. We had them reconnect it.  If our power goes out our analog phones will still work.

Make sure you speak with a local representative who has some authority and set a date and time when that technician will arrive (yes, we pay them to schedule so make sure the ball is in their court).  What is a Telus representative going to do 3000miles away...oh wait keep in touch? 

snberk103
Friendly Neighbour

Just an update. Apparently we got Telus' attention enough that instead of waiting 12 days for a technician we only have to wait 7 days. This experience with a service that Telus offers, and that we pay good money for, has been so frustrating. I know from my conversations with other people - including the people who have had to find other ways to reach us - that Telus does not have a great reputation for customer service. That's too bad, because when the service works it is a good service. And it has been very very reliable. Just keep your fingers crosses that nothing does go wrong because our experience with customer service has not been anything I could recommend.

snberk103
Friendly Neighbour

Yesterday, 7 days after our home phone stopped working, our phone was repaired. The technician called to let us know, and told me that the cause of the problem was another Telus technician who had made a mistake the week before when pulling a jumper and had never bothered testing what they had done, or documenting the work they had done. A week without our phone due to a Telus error.

snberk103
Friendly Neighbour

Telus contacted us today to follow up on the status of the repair, which was completed yesterday. We asked for and received a generous offer for compensation as the issue had been initially caused by an error on Telus' end. While our repair issue was not always handled as well as it should have been, in the end there was an acknowledgement of the error made, and an apology for it, and compensation. We are happy with the final resolution. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thank you very much for the update. Apologies for the inconvenience of this. Appreciate your patience throughout the situation, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any questions or concerns!