cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet outage

mkhyam
Neighbour

Hi, I live in North Burnaby and I have not had internet for over a day now. I have tried resetting the router/Boost WiFi several times to no avail (all devices say connected without internet) and at one point the Boost even had a red light. Not sure if this is due to an outage in my area. As a result have been tethering on my phone to do work. I haven't been able to get to through to support on the phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. I got through to support and they did a reset remotely on the network access hub, which resolved the issue immediately. Since the whole setup in my house uses coaxial cables and things will get congested with copper wires, they said I likely have to do this reset on both the network access hub and WiFi Boost every 2-3 months. Annoying, but at least now I know how to fix this myself if it goes down again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero

There's a link in the page footer for checking the service status:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages?INTCMP=VAN_status&linktype=ge-footer

Yes, I've been checking since yesterday and I see there is generally an outage in Vancouver, but I'm in North Burnaby and not sure if I'm within the area of that outage. Also, the status has been exactly the same since yesterday afternoon. So really I'm trying to see if others in Burnaby have been affected.    

xray
Hero

Looks like it may include your location

Screenshot_20240722-115548_Chrome.png

Thanks. I got through to support and they did a reset remotely on the network access hub, which resolved the issue immediately. Since the whole setup in my house uses coaxial cables and things will get congested with copper wires, they said I likely have to do this reset on both the network access hub and WiFi Boost every 2-3 months. Annoying, but at least now I know how to fix this myself if it goes down again.