cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade

bfreund
Just Moved In

I received a number of "Immediate Action Required" emails and now finally a registered letter from Telus telling me to do the upgrade to Fibre. Which I'd be fine with, except that when I try going to telus.com/FibreUpgrade, it tells me I'm not eligible.

I suspect this is because I have my landline with another provider (Primus), who uses the Telus physical network. I do have Telus Custom Home Security, which uses that landline for monitoring my alarm.

I tried calling Telus support and they had no idea how to deal with this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bfreund Which phone number did you try calling? The regular customer service team may not be equipped to help you with the migration but there's a dedicated copper-to-fibre team that can help: 1-855-755-2822

bfreund
Just Moved In

Hi Dru,

Thanks for replying.

I called the number you indicated, which was also included in the emails and the registered letter. Both times I called (late 2023 and again today), and they said to ignore the communications. Today I also talked with the regular customer service, they reviewed my file and they said they have no idea why I'm receiving these communications from Telus, and reiterated the advice to ignore the emails and letter.

Thanks again,

Bernard

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional context. I suspect it's because you don't use TELUS for core services. I'm not sure how your Primus phone line will adapt to the changes (if any) but I think you've been given accurate info.