cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet from Alcatel-Lucent box doesn't work, but wifi does?

Kmill1
Just Moved In
Hi there, thank you for your help!

I just moved into an apartment and there is an alcatel-lucent box in our dining room. The wifi works fine, but when I use the ethernet from the alcatel-lucent box and go to 192.168.1.1 it takes me to a telus website taking about buying a fiber connection. Does that mean that I can't use the ethernet, only the wifi?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Alcatel-Lucent box isn't a router. All it does is convert fibre to ethernet. No wireless at all. If you don't have active fibre service from Telus, you will need to subscribe before you can use it. A router is typically provided with the fibre service which is where the wifi would come from. It would typically be plugged in to the first ethernet port on the Alcatel-Lucent box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This may be helpful:

Solved: Can't access router configuration page for WEB6000... - TELUS Neighbourhood

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Alcatel-Lucent box isn't a router. All it does is convert fibre to ethernet. No wireless at all. If you don't have active fibre service from Telus, you will need to subscribe before you can use it. A router is typically provided with the fibre service which is where the wifi would come from. It would typically be plugged in to the first ethernet port on the Alcatel-Lucent box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂