cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access router configuration page for WEB6000Q

dhung
Neighbour

Hi,

I can't access the WEB6000Q router configuration page from my browser using the default gateway IP. I know the default gateway ip (it's not 192.168.1.254). 

I've tried resetting the router and trying it on several different computers and OS's. I can ping the router in command prompt, but I'm getting a connection reset when trying to access the router via a browser.

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Problem is the WEB6000Q is an access point not a router. It does not have the functions of a router. Somewhere there should be an Actiontec T1200H or T3200H device connected by an ethernet cable to the Alcatel ONT (Optica Network Translator), which in turn is connected to the Fibre Optic Cable. The WEB600Q should be connected to the T1200 or T3200

Fibre > ONT > T3200 or T1200 > WEB600Q

Unless your setup has these items, in this order, we can't offer much help.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Naiar
Coach

Same issue here. Tried with a couple different browsers and computers but I still can't get to it. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you reviewed This overview or this manual?

You should be accessing the access point through your gateway, and not directly like you would a router.

NFtoBC

Yes I've read the manuals and searched the web before posting here.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "You should be accessing the access point through your gateway, and not directly like you would a router"?

I'm assuming WEB6000Q is my router and not the fiber optic modem. Since I'm connected to the router my default gateway would be the router?? In this case its IP is 50.99.164.1. I can ping it but can't access the login page. 

canucks4life
Leader

Yeah I'd confirm via gateway http://192.168.1.254 and see what IP address the WiFiPlus extender is currently assigned from the router.

Have mine bookmarked in browser as http://192.168.1.72/main.html

There is no response from 192.168.1.254, ping request time out. My default gateway is 50.99.164.1 (I can see this from ipconfig /all), which I can ping but I can't access the login page. 

Wow that IP seems pretty odd...what equipment/service do you have? You're not using an Actiontec router as well just the Fibre ONT and WEB6000Q? Does seem kind of strange new installs should be getting T3200M's now especially on FTTH.

Fiber optic to the house. The fiber modem is then connected to WEB6000Q the Wifi router that Telus provided.

My neighbor has a similar setup but their router is different; I was able to access their router. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Problem is the WEB6000Q is an access point not a router. It does not have the functions of a router. Somewhere there should be an Actiontec T1200H or T3200H device connected by an ethernet cable to the Alcatel ONT (Optica Network Translator), which in turn is connected to the Fibre Optic Cable. The WEB600Q should be connected to the T1200 or T3200

Fibre > ONT > T3200 or T1200 > WEB600Q

Unless your setup has these items, in this order, we can't offer much help.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Fibre > Alcatel Lucent Fiber Modem > ActionTec WEB6000Q

That is what the Telus Technician setup. Everything was provided by Telus. 

So I guess I'm missing a wifi router. Time to call Telus.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@dhung wrote:

So I guess I'm missing a wifi router. Time to call Telus.

Yup!  Did the tech leave a card? In the past the installer would leave a card and you could call that individual for about a week if problems showed up.

NFtoBC

You seem to have third party equipment in the ethernet chain. <50.> ip's are not TELUS. All gateways out of the box have 192.168.1.254. By international standard LANs use <192.> addresses. Of course users are welcome to change their local ip address range which is very common in commercial set-ups, commonly <10.> is used. The extender WEP6000 will have an address assigned by the router/gateway. Somewhere between 192.168.1.64 up to 192.168.1.253, depending on the order of connection. Other than the SSID and password there is nothing to change in the access point. It is designed to slave the SSID and password of the gateway to allow seamless transfer of devices from gateway to extender and back.