cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default name and password of 2.4G ssid

RobG3987
Ambassador
I recently discovered, through reading through previous posts, about how to enable a specific 2.4G wifi network through my B20T AP Booster. ( I had to provide a specific 2.4G wifi to allow my collection of IoT devices in my home to reconnect to my new Telus network).
The question I have is how can I change the default name and password for the 2.4G SSID?
It currently shows under the SmartHome tab when I log into the B20T Booster:
(active) SmartHome3311(2.4Ghz)
(inactive) SmartHome3311-5G(5Ghz)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge, you can't have a separate name and password for the 2.4 GHz network. If you truly need a separately named Wi-Fi network, you may need to create one using a fresh set of devices.

Most issues arising from IOT devices are addressed simply by turning off the 5GHz radios during setup, so the 2.4 GHz network is all they see.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge, you can't have a separate name and password for the 2.4 GHz network. If you truly need a separately named Wi-Fi network, you may need to create one using a fresh set of devices.

Most issues arising from IOT devices are addressed simply by turning off the 5GHz radios during setup, so the 2.4 GHz network is all they see.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"