cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge T3200M on MOCA lan

warrenonline
Friendly Neighbour

My modem is mounted in the garage and connected to fibre and coaxial cable. There is an ECB6200 MOCA adapter in the house that is connected to an Actiontec WEB6000Q extender. I want to remove the extender, bridge the modem and plug my own router into the MOCA adapter in the house. I can't bridge port one on the T3200M as there's nothing plugged in there to bridge. I chatted with tech support today and they tried to help, but this was more technical than front line. Any help here ?

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not sure what your setup or use will be on the new router but I had a third party router connected to a T3200M and did not bridge the T3200M. Worked fine for my needs at least. That includes PC gaming. If you have the router already, have you tried just hooking it up? You may need to change the IP range on the second router depending on if it defaults to 192.168.1.x.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I thought about just plugging my router into the MOCA, but then I would be running a double local network. It just seemed simpler to have the T3200M be just a modem and supply WAN IP to my router. That's how I ran my Shaw internet for years before I switched to Telus last month.

xray
Hero

You need another MoCA adapter in the garage so that you can plug an Ethernet cable into port 1.

warrenonline
Friendly Neighbour

I went to the garage and had another look. The T3200M seems to be a MOCA adapter and an ONT. The fibre and the coaxial cable go straight into it. I don't know what another MOCA would do?

It would allow you to connect to port 1 instead of the internal MoCA port.

warrenonline
Friendly Neighbour

I have a tech coming to move the modem into the house. It seems like a bad idea to have something hanging on the wall of my garage anyway. Its pretty dusty in there.